Thursday, March 20, 2008

Cambridge

Last summer, I attended a program for a month in Cambridge, England. Though the photography class was not very structured, I learned a lot by taking photos in my free time. The beauty of Cambridge inspired me, and seeing a hundred new faces sparked my imagination for new photos. During an interview with a lady from the town newspaper, she asked me what inspired me to take pictures of people. I said that faces inspire me--I don't view beauty generically--big eyes, pointed chins, and idiosyncrasies attract me to future models. I have no problem going up to people and asking them to model for me: in fact, that's what I did at camp during the first couple of days, to people I barely new. Camp was one of the biggest leaps in photography for me--I had free time for hours a day and was free to roam anywhere about Cambridge. My freedom explains the wide variety of photos: from the college gardens, to the street, to the ancient colleges, and to the art museums lining the wide avenues.












1 comment:

Pianisimo Photography said...

Yay I see my favorite photo : ) the 2nd to last of course.