Thursday, March 20, 2008

My Favorite Books

I just visited the most amazing bookstore (a mixture of used and brand-new books, my two loves), which inspired me to compile a list of my favorite books:

1) His Dark Materials (ingenious)
2) Pride and Prejudice
3) Jane Eyre
4) The Chronicles of Chrestomanci
5) The Rainbow Opera
6) Lirael
7) The Arrival
8) Flower Fairies (Cicely Mary Barker)
9) Coraline
10) The Hobbit
11) Adrian Mole
12) The Dream Merchant
13) Rebel Angels
14) A Separate Peace
15) Earthsea
16) The House of Green Knowe
17) The Enchanted Castle
18) The Great Tree of Avalon
19) Howl's Moving Castle
20) The Legend of King Arthur
21) I, Coriander
22) A Crack in the Line
23) The Thirteenth Tale
24) The Legend of Deirdre
25) The Ruby in the Smoke
26) East
27) The Secret Garden
28) Roverandom

As you can see, I love fantasy. I read all types of books--I love love dusty classics that have an air of mystery. Realist Fantasy is my absolute favorite genre. I don't limit myself to books that are for my age group--I will read picture books, teenage books, adult books, classics, myths anything really. I adore celtic legends and unknown, beaten up books that have not been read since they were first published. For me, fantasy opens up a whole new world where there is no limit to possibility. I love reading but often neglect it because of school, photography, the internet, etc.

No comments: